Undergraduate students may be dismissed from the college for the following reasons:
1. Unsuccessfully completing (i.e., E, F, U, I, N, X, or W) one half or more of a semester’s work
2. Having a cumulative grade point average below 1.0
3. Failing to satisfy Academic Warning or Academic Probation requirements
4. Failing any course for the third time
5. Failing to complete basic skills requirements (e.g., the Intellectual Foundation’s Basic Communication and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning requirements) by the end of their sophomore year
6. Determination of an academic misconduct offense
Dismissed students are not allowed to attend courses, either as a matriculated or non-matriculated student, at Buffalo State for no less than least one year after dismissal.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.